Participation in and Management of Social Networking
All businesses, however small, should now be taking social networking (now commonly called social media) seriously within their marketing strategy and plans. Its importance to branding, reputation, extending market awareness, influencing search rankings and generating sales growth (through social selling) make it essential for business health – maybe even survival.
Typically you will have chosen to use a tool such as Hootsuite to help with your social media marketing because it:
- is capability of posting to so many places (both personal profiles and company pages)
- has sophisticated listening capability
- enables the posting of information to be scheduled
- makes it easy to listen for and respond to comments on your company and your content
Measurement of Social Networking Results & Teamworking
Maybe you’ve upgraded to a paid ‘pro’ version because your company has more social media presences than the free account can handle, you want to access enhanced reporting or premium applications to provide the extra features that you need
But if your businesses is of a size that you’ve now reached the stage where 2 or 3 people are active in your online social activity, you need the full ‘business’ (i.e. enterprise) features? Typically you now need as system which:
- provides your people with an ability to work as a fully integrated transparent seamless team
- provides an authorisation mechanism for social updates
- can provide outsourced people with limited facilities
- doesn’t cost more if you want:
- more reports
- to use more premium applications # so that you can track the business benefits of your social media activity more comprehensively
- to keep your team up to date with the latest social media developments
- to provide top level social media training to new members of your social media team
Most of the top social media management tools, including Hootsuite, offer an account which provide these sort of facilities, but usually the minimum cost is too great for SMEs to consider. Example, for Hootsuite Business they want a business to have and pay for a minimum of 5 users.
BUT DO NOT DESPAIR
Although the software companies themselves, usually only provide and support business level software accounts for corporates, there are often agencies which have special relationships with the software company and do supply these accounts for SMEs.
EXAMPLE: Living Streams is a Hootsuite certified digital marketing agency and has an arrangement which allows us to offer SMEs with 1 to 4 users the business level features within a team specific to their client company.
Our price per user for this product is as low as £47 per user per month – depending on the level of digital marketing support contract that the client has with us.