One of the people that I currently listen to when it comes to SEO is Joch Bachynski. He’s just published a video on Youtube called “#1 Overlooked SEO Trick of ALL TIME – Works 100%“. Watch it if you like – as I have – but be warned, it is 24 minutes long.
To summarise for you, Josh says that the five main drivers for the SEO practices of agencies are, in ascending order of justification:
- The views of other SEO practitioners – at best that of people regarded worldwide as knowledgeable
- What Google says – in particular John Mueller
- In-the-field observations – what they’ve found works
- Niche specific correlations – measuring the features of the top ranked sites and drawing causal assumptions from this. e.g. See seotoollab.com (Cora)
- Single variable experiments
Quoted example tools:
- seotoollab.com (cora) for level ‘4’ – $250 per month for a single license
- seointelligenceagency.com for level ‘5’ – $497 to join and $99 per month
He goes on to suggest that 80% of SEO practitioners only operate to level ‘3’. I agree with him, but… the ‘Ninja’ who operate at the top 2 levels charge many hundreds of pounds per hour for their time and the extra benefit they deliver is only worth this expenditure if your company is a large corporate.
I openly admit that for my SEO support services I normally only use ‘1’, ‘2’ and ‘3’ in combination: A pareto approach to get 80% of the return for 20% of the potential effort. For non-corporates who would need to employ 1′ and ‘2’ to get good SEO results, the best advice is usually that forms for digital marketing will give them a better return on investment.
Recommendation – from QSoftware in 2017-10
(shown in my LinkedIn profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonythornby/)
“We were wary about SEO advice until we implemented the resilient SEO process recommended by Living Streams, and found that it worked. Now we’re working with their advice and mentoring on an ongoing basis to produce and use content in a way that boosts our search ranking for relevant topics. Living Streams provide an extremely affordable way of implementing SEO compared to other marketing agencies.”
All the best
The UK Digital Marketing Engineer
LinkedIn have released a video where top marketers express their view about trends in content marketing.
My summary of what is said:
- Build a loyal and trusted audience
- Video changed the game for social
- What’s hot right now is customer generated content – e.g. influence and reviews,
- The need to move from ‘acquiring’ people’s attention for moment in time to ‘holding’ people’s attention
- The need to talk in terms that are relevant to your audience
- Less but better is now important in content marketing
- Content marketing really does need to be authentic – include comedy and humour
- The movement is from ebooks etc (Print on the screen) to more involving, interactive and data gathering experiences
This is a natural time of year to review the past 12 months and set plans for the next. Hopefully our WSI Thames (a trading name of Living Streams) video will help your thought processes for both.
Wishing you all a great Christmas and a rewarding (not just in financial terms) 2018.